This is where you can check that your record is up to date.
The most important thing you can do to help us run the program, and this definitely includes your email address.
Where are all the Judges?
A member recently asked about the number of judges in different areas. Here is a Google Earth overlay that shows the hometown of active judges in the United States, color-coded by BJCP rank. The information is current as of August 2008.
Here's an interesting perspective, comparing our active membership in 1994 and 2008:
During this period, the number of active judges more than doubled (1,232 to 2,563), while the percentage of upper level judges tripled, from 5.5% to 16.3% (the actual number went from 68 to 417).
News and Information
- Current Events Significant news items, after they have appeared on the home page
- Member's Guide Basic information for new judges
- BJCP Officers The people who administer the program
- Annual report is our most recent financial report (for 2009) to the membership. You can find previous editions in the Historical Section.
- Board Actions Significant policies adopted by the Board of Directors
- BJCP FAQ Frequently Asked Questions about the BJCP and the Style Guidelines
- Database Reports Demographics and current information about judges, competitions and exams
- Departed BJCP Judges Gone but not forgotten
- Inactive Judges How to retire, resign, or become active in the program again
- Election Center Information about the 2010 regional elections
- Related Links
Member Benefits, Mechandise and Tools
- Name Badge Order a free BJCP name badge
- Color Guide The BJCP Color Guide instructions and ordering information
- Shirts, Pins, etc. BJCP merchandise for sale
- Beer Faults Troubleshooter Quick reference for fixing beer faults
- Exam changes in 2006
- Good exam scoresheet examples
- Bad scoresheet examples
- Zymurgy Commercial Calibration scoresheets (AHA membership required)
- BJCP Information Flyer – A one-page promotional flyer suitable for general beer events. Originally designed for the GABF.
- BJCP Bylaws
- Budget Policy
- Grants Policy
- GMSR Rules The system for awarding Grand Master Service Requirement points
- Exam Grader Policy
- Exam Protest Policy
- Competition Rules
For the scholars among us, as well as the merely curious (please send us any historical material you may have, so we can include it here).
Archived Website Information
BJCP History and Significant Events
- BJCP History
- BJCP Origins The Story of the First Exam
- BJCP Independence Impetus
- BJCP Reorganization History
- BJCP Incorporation
- BJCP Tax-Exempt Status
- Russ Wigglesworth's award
- BJCP Board History
- BJCP Staff History
Older Annual Reports
- 2007 Annual report
- 2006 Annual Report
- 2005 Annual Report
- 2004 Annual Report
- 2002 Annual Report
- 2000 Annual Report
- 1999 Annual Report
- 1997 Annual Report
- 1992 Annual Report
AHA NHC Events and Presentations
- 2007 AHA NHC Trip Report Organizational status and updates from the Denver conference
- 2006 AHA NHC Materials
- 2005 AHA presentation
- 2004 Styles Revision Report
Archived BJCP Newsletters
Before the widespread use of the World Wide Web, the BJCP published a newsletter called The BJCP Reporter. Past issues are archived here.