Thank you. Volunteer exam graders are the heart of the program, and are a great way to give back to the organization.
To be an exam grader, you must be a National or higher ranked judge. Volunteer by contacting the Exam Directors to express your interest, and to get the latest requirements. Currently, the requirements are for new graders to complete some online training before taking on actual exams.
To begin the grader training, go to the BJCP Training Portal.
- Just below the big text that says “BJCP Continuing Education Program Training Portal”, you will see a white box with a small BJCP logo on the left. The box says, “You are not logged in. (Log in)”. Click on the “Log in”. This action will take you to a screen that asks for your BJCP ID and web password.
- Once you sign in, near the left of the screen you will see the text, “Announcing the Grader Training Program!”. Below that, you will see the text, “Program Overview”. Click on that text.
- On the next screen, you should see text about the two courses:
- Exam Grading Process Overview
- Beer Judging Examination Grader Training.
- Complete both of these courses.
- Once you start working on a course, the system should remember where you left off when you come back. You will see your activity near the top half of the screen if you click on the “My Courses” text.
Once this training is complete, contact the Exam Directors to request an exam set to grade.