Continuing Education Program Description
We are proud to announce the availability of our second-generation Beer Characteristic Kits. See the kit page for more information.
Updates to the CEP program, answers to questions, status from the director.
The Beer Lexicon (expand your beer vocabulary and learn the correct pronunciation of the words).
Sample programs for the three standard formats:
- BREW Session
- Special Event BREW
- BICEP Series
Register a CEP Event
To register a CEP event (BICEP, BREW, or Special Event BREW) or to claim credit for a third-party class or event, please contact the Education Director with the particulars. Forms and online applications are no longer required.
BJCP YouTube Channel
Copies of presentations on:
Member Submitted Training Aids
- Hop Varieties (submitted by Mark Nesdoly) – as discussed in the BJCP Forum
- Off-flavor Sensory Training (submitted by Andrew Luberto)
- How to Write a Master-level Scoresheet (submitted by Ted Hausotter)
- Five Common Mistakes on the Tasting Exam (submitted by Thomas Barnes)
- Seven Steps to Great Beer Judging (submitted by Thomas Barnes)
- Planning a BJCP Commercial Examples Tasting Event (submitted by Thomas Barnes)
- Beer Style Comparisons (submitted by Thomas Barnes)
- Beer Style Study Guide (submitted by Thomas Barnes)
- Practical Brewing by Dave Houseman (2007 AHA NHC Presentation)
Judge Camp – Hood Rover, OR December 2007
- Judge Camp Announcement
- Judge Camp Agenda
- The Sugars of Tripel
- Metallic Flavors
- Sour Differences
- Judge Camp After Action Report
NHC Judge Reception – San Diego, CA June 2015
BJCP Exam Prep Class Materials
Submitted by prep class leaders.
2006 NHC Quizzes
Here are the quizzes used for the CEP-approved sessions at the AHA NHC in Orlando: